2 cups moong bean sprouts,
1 cup of Ussal mix,
1 onion, chopped,
1/2 of a tomato (or 1 small tomato),
1" piece of ginger, minced,
2-3 flakes of garlic, minced,
1 tsp amchoor (dry mango powder) or 1/2 tsp tamarind paste,
1-2 green chillies, chopped,
A pinch of turmeric powder,
1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to taste),
1 tsp coriander powder,
1 tsp Kitchen King Masala (or garam masala / goda masala),
1 tsp grated jaggery or brown sugar (or regular sugar),
2 tbsp oil,
Salt to taste.
1. Heat oil and add the onions and green chillies. Sauté until the onions have turned a light brown.
2. Add the minced ginger and garlic and fry until the raw smell disappears - about a minute.
3. Now add the coriander, chilli powder, turmeric, and salt, and jaggery or sugar. Fry for another minute.
4. Add the sprouted moong dal and chopped tomato. Sprinkle some water and cook on low flame covered for 8-10 minutes.
5. When the beans have turned crunchy and chewy, add the garam masala, the Ussal mix, and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot with pav and some gravy.